Meet the Pitmaster:
Blane Hunter (AKA Mr. Porky Butts) grew up barbecuing in south Texas from a very young age. He was tending fires and checking temps as soon as he could help with his dad’s passion for the magic that happens in the world of “low and slow” pit smoking. With over a 27 years of experience combined with a Culinary education from Johnson and Wales and FVTC culinary schools Blane started competing professionally in the world of BBQ in 2013. In the five short years that followed he has accumulated one of the most impressive resumes on the BBQ circuit across America.
- Over 130 competitions and counting
- 85 top 10 finishes
- 22 Grand Championships in 9 different states
- 7 Reserve Grand Championships
- 2016 KCBS National Grand Champion – Team of the Year
- 2016 KCBS National Ribs Champion
- 2017 American Royal Open World Champion
- 2017 American Royal Open Brisket Champion
- 2017 King of the Smoker Grand Champion
- 2017 King of the Smoker Brisket Champion
- Multiple KCBS “700”s”
- Multiple KCBS “180’s”
- Multiple KCBS “Perfect – Perfect” Scores in Chicken, Ribs, Brisket and Pork
- Pro Member of National BBQ League – NBBQL
In 2019 Blane decided to follow his dream and bring the world of championship BBQ to the people of his adopted hometown, Omaha, NE.
We hope you enjoy the experience!
“All I ever wanted to do is serve great BBQ to BBQ lovers across this great country that has given me the opportunity to pursue my dream.”